THINKING ABOUT CURLING?
THIS IS WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT CURLING
- SOCIAL SPORT. Curling is a very social activity, both on the ice and in the clubhouse after the game. Weekly league play and countless special activities
during the season give club members the opportunity to meet many people and make new friends.
- MANAGEABLE EXERCISE. Curling is as much exercise as you want it to be. It can be a way to develop and maintain your flexibility or it can be a great physical
workout—it's your choice!
- NO AGE LIMITATIONS. Children can begin curling when they are as young as 8 years old. At the other end of the spectrum, LCC has active members beyond 80
years of age! Curling is an activity that you can enjoy for your entire life—it's never too late to start curling!
- EASY TO LEARN. It takes about an hour of instruction and practice for most people to become comfortable "on the ice". The LCC provides regular, professional
instruction for its members.
- MANY LEVELS OF CHALLENGE. Curling will present as much or as little challenge and competition as you might want. From specially planned social events, to weekly league play, to high caliber international competition—it can all begin at the LCC!
WHO, WHAT, WHEN ...
Who can join the London Curling Club?
Membership includes a wide spectrum of individuals from beginners to experienced curlers and from once-a-week curlers to avid enthusiasts.
What are some of the benefits of joining the London Curling Club?
- A season-long learn-to-curl program is available for beginners.
- Clinics are held throughout the year for those wishing to improve their skills.
- A wide-variety of leagues are available, both competitive and social, for men, women, mixed and seniors. A full description is available for each league.
- Curling is a relatively inexpensive winter past-time where one can meet and enjoy people.
When does the season begin and end?
The curling season runs from the first week in October through to the end of March each year.
What equipment will I need to get started?
Brooms and sliders are available to loan for those just starting out. The club has an excellent pro shop where one can purchase shoes, brooms, gloves and apparel at very reasonable prices.
What does a yearly membership cost?
The cost is far less than most clubs and other sports.
How does one join a league or a team?
In September, the Club hosts an open-house evening where you can drop in to inquire about leagues and to register for league or team play. A full description is available for each league.
Can I still join the club even though the season has already started?
New members are welcome at any time throughout the season and fees will be adjusted to the remaining time available.
Are there programs for elementary-aged children?
Information is posted regarding Little Rocks, Bantam and Juniors under Leagues.
Are daytime programs available to seniors?
The LCC has active programs for senior men and senior women for both league and non-competitive settings. The senior "drop-in" program appeals to those who do not want to commit to a fixed schedule, but who still want to be able to curl as little as once a week or as much as five times per week. A number of our seniors use a stick for delivery rather than sliding out from the hack thus avoiding all that bending.